The WIWE device
WIWE is a measuring device which monitors your heart function and heart rhythm- at home or on the way. WIWE gives you information about the average heart rhythm, the possible deviation from the normal ECG (learn more) values and the level of oxygen saturation. It also has a built-in pedometer (learn more). You can take recordings with WIWE on its own, but its evaluation will be available with the help of a mobile application which is running on your smartphone.
Application: Evaluation on smartphone / tablet
The evaluation of measured data and their detailed representation is made by an application, which is free to download from the App Store for mobiles /tablets working with iOS system or Google Play for mobiles/tablets working with Android system.
How to do ECG recording
With the help of WIWE and the application you can take recordings. The measured data will be available on the evaluation screen of your smartphone /tablet and there is the possibility that you can share those with others (e.g. your doctor).
Before taking a recording:
Please pay attention to the topics below so that you get precise measured data:
- Sensors should get in touch with the skin of your fingertips directly.
- If your skin is too dry, make it wet with a watered piece of material before recording.
- If the sensors are polluted, remove it with a clean, soft piece of material from it surface.
- During recording do not touch the other parts of your body with your hands.
- Please be sure that the skin of your hands will not touch each other, and that neither you or the sensors of the device do not touch any conductive device. Otherwise recording cannot be taken correctly.
- During recording do not move, speak and hold the device still. Any movement can result in incorrect recording.
- Recoding should be taken in a sedentary position, rather than standing.
A) The recording (normal recording) using (learn more) phone
1. Push the I/O button to switch on the device.
2. Start recoding by placing your „left hand”-„right hand” thumbs on the device- as shown in the application.
3. Successful recording starts with a preparation period, during which you need to hold your thumbs on the sensors of WIWE device and stay relaxed. During preparation period application controls if the contact between the sensors and thumbs is correct, and that data coming from WIWE are suitable for the start of recording, or not.
4. On the WIWE device, the process indicator LEDs show the grade of recording.
5. Data collection during recording takes minimum 30, maximum 60 seconds, meanwhile the application indicates ECG signal, heart rate and the level of blood’s oxygen saturation.
6. If you release the sensors within 30 seconds, the recording gets interrupted.
7. After 60 seconds the application indicates that you can release the sensors and the data collection is over.
8. To make the evaluation, the application needs some seconds. After that the results will appear on the evaluation screen.
9. In case of an unsuccessful recoding, follow the instructions of your application and repeat the recording.
10. During the recording the flashing error LED shows that the ECG signals are unstable or too weak. In this case repeat the recoding.
11. The device will start recording only if the battery level is high enough for taking at least 1 recording.
The causes of inaccurate recording
- Contact between sensors and fingers is not direct enough.
- During recording there is contact between the skin of your hands.
After recording and evaluation the measured data will be available on the evaluation screen of mobile in numbers and graphs. Results are suggested to be sent to your doctor, as well, so that any disorder get revealed on the basis of measured data..
The 3 circles on the screen correspond to 3 measured characteristics: ECG (electrocardiogram); AR/AF(Arrhrytmia/ Atrial Fibrillation); VH ( Ventricular Heterogeneity).
The colours of circles can vary from green, yellow and red depending on the evaluation of the measured data:
Green= normal status
Yellow= slight deviation from the normal status
Red= severe deviation from the normal status
Touching the circles, the undermentioned information can be reached:
ECG: Shows the degree of deviation from normal ECG parameters (depending on its colour it can be normal, slight, or severe).
AR/AF: This function is meant to monitor the regularity of the heart rhythm and detect the signs of atrial fibrillation (learn more about it here) to give you feedback on the regularity of your heart rhythm and any possible irregularities occuring in it.
VH: The figure indicating the condition of the heart muscle (learn more about it here), the degree of ventricular heterogenity (VH) which can be (indicated by the fill color): green (normal/healthy), yellow (showing a slight deviation, elevated VH) , or red (showing a severe deviation, highly elevated VH)
Below the circles are the SPO2 and Bpm buttons, which indicate the values of oxygen saturation and heart rate.
SPO2: The oxygen saturation of blood indicated in %. The measured value appears on a runner which is placed under the value of measured result. The colour of runner shows the degree of acceptability.
Bpm ( bit per minute) : The number of pulse rate in a minute; (normal, possible, probable). The measured value appears on a runner which is placed under the value of measured result. The colour of runner shows the degree of acceptability.
Touching the Details button on the right lower side of screen we can have more detailed measurement data.
- ECG parameters (you can learn more here): The graph of aggregated majority circles, showing the relevant HR, QRS, QTc and PQ data and reference values, as well. A red exclamation mark indicates the differences next to each types of data.
- ECG curve: the ECG curve of the measured data, where pages can be turned along the length of recording and enlargeble fourfold maximum.
- Arrhytmia examination: a Poincaré graph that monitors the regularity of the heart rhythm and looks for the signs of atrial fibrillation based on the number of clusters and their dispersion around the diagonal.
- Ventricular heterogenety: used for the evaluation based on two parameters: the avarage VH and its dispersion. Based on our algorithm you result gets classified into one of the different color coded areas.
Notes related to recording: Notes can be added to each recording. The remarks concerning the circumstances of recording – e.g. medicines taken in- can help the doctor evaluate the measured data and set up accurate diagnosis.
Share the recording: There is a possibility to share your recordings with others in e-mail (with your GP or medical specialist). Detailed description can be found in the mobile application’s Information menu/ Detailed Instructions.
Access to previous recordings and evaluated results
You can follow the change of data related to the status of your health with the help of the health diary in the Data menu of mobile application,
B) Recording without using (you can learn more here) mobile (occasional recording)
In certain case the user’s mobile can be out of reach. There is possibility to take recording even in this case. Follow the instructions below:
- Switch on the device.
- Be sure that the error led is not on.
- Start recoding by placing your „left hand”-„right hand” thumbs on the device.
- On the WIWE device, a process led shows if the recording has started and the grade of recording.
- Wait till the last of the WIWE’s process led becomes green.
- Then the recording is over, WIWE stores the results of recording till the next synchronization with your mobile.
- The error led will flesh if any mistake occurred during recording. In this case please repeat the recording.
During synchronization via Bluetooth the measured data get loaded between the user’s default WIWE device and mobile, if the connection between the mobile and WIWE device is already set up.
Synchronization is needed because the ECG recording and pedometer (you can learn more here) function of WIWE operates independently of application, and data is stored in the memory of WIWE till it gets loaded to the mobile by the synchronization. Application will inform you about successful or unsuccessful synchronization. By means of a successful synchronization the data stored on the WIWE device – after they are saved on the mobile- get cancelled. In case of unsuccessful loading, synchronization need to be repeated.